Monday, September 28, 2009

Julie & Julia

We were all supposed to go away for the weekend to attend a celebration dinner for Mike's brother's recent marriage.  Makayla had pink eye, so she and I stayed home.  Sunday was rainy, but after being home all day Saturday, we wanted to get out.  The next town has a small movie theater ~ seats less than 100 I'm sure.  It was packed ~ maybe 3 empty seats.  Six dollars each and two dollars for popcorn.  Such a deal!  Makayla was the only kid and I bet I was the next youngest there.  The crowd started laughing at just the sight of Meryl as Julia ~ we could hardly hear the dialogue at first.  A good movie we both enjoyed.  It was nice to be able to go see a good movie with my daughter that wasn't a kid's movie or borderline inappropriate due to violence, sex, or language.  At the end of the movie, the crowd applauded.  Makayla was mystified.  Why are they doing that?  What's going on? 
Remember the days when going to a movie was such a special treat?

1 comment:

  1. Your writing is so beautiful Pam. Flows very nice. I was just passing by your house yesterday and I too thought about that lighted up spider web. I got a little sad. Sounds like a nice movie theatre near your town and a nice time you had with Makayla. I can't wait to read more from your blog. I like it!!

    ReplyDelete